[GE users] Fun with load_values

brs brs at usf.edu
Tue Aug 18 02:24:52 BST 2009

Hi, all,

I've been playing with load sensors and complex attributes for dealing
with software licenses.  I wrote a script that would generate my complex
attributes from my flexlm output (being too lazy to put in only the ones
I needed) and ended up putting in a bunch of complexes that I don't
need.  Well, since load_values have been reported for all of them, I
can't seem to delete them from the complex list (qconf -mc) as it
complains that they are still referenced by the global host.

My global host configuration only has the complexes I want under
complex_values, but under load_values, all of the other attributes that
I'd like to get rid of appear.

Any ideas on how I can delete these complexes without having to dump the
bdb and modify it by hand?

Thanks,
-Brian