[GE users] Queue priority strangeness.

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Tue Aug 18 14:36:28 BST 2009


Dumb question: how do you know the nice value isn't working?

Daniel

udowaechter wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a strange problem with one of our queues on GE 6.2u3.
>
> We have recently defined a queue containing a subset of our machines 
> that are in the main queue. This should be the longrun queue containing 
> those machines that are guaranteed to run for long times.
> Anyway, the problem is, that the jobs in this queue all run wiht "nice 
> 0" although  it should have "nice 10"
>
> All other queues' priority is honored.
>
> How could I further debug this problem? Did anyone else experience this 
> problem?
>
>
> Thanks,
> udo.
>
> Here is the config of the two queues:
>
> 1st, working priorities.
>
>
> qname                 ikw
> hostlist              @allhosts_ikw-slots_1 @allhosts_ikw-slots_2 \
>                        @allhosts_ikw-slots_4 @allhosts_ikw-slots_8
> seq_no                0
> load_thresholds       np_load_avg=1.75
> suspend_thresholds    NONE
> nsuspend              1
> suspend_interval      00:05:00
> priority              7
> min_cpu_interval      00:05:00
> processors            UNDEFINED
> qtype                 BATCH
> ckpt_list             NONE
> pe_list               make
> rerun                 FALSE
> slots 
> 1,[@allhosts_ikw-slots_1=1],[@allhosts_ikw-slots_2=2], \
>                        [@allhosts_ikw-slots_4=4],[@allhosts_ikw-slots_8=8]
> tmpdir                /work/tmp
> shell                 /bin/bash
> prolog                NONE
> epilog                NONE
> shell_start_mode      posix_compliant
> starter_method        NONE
> suspend_method        NONE
> resume_method         NONE
> terminate_method      NONE
> notify                00:00:60
> owner_list            NONE
> user_lists            GE-users
> xuser_lists           ikw nkg www-data
> subordinate_list      NONE
> complex_values        NONE
> projects              NONE
> xprojects             NONE
> calendar              NONE
> initial_state         enabled
> s_rt                  INFINITY
> h_rt                  INFINITY
> s_cpu                 INFINITY
> h_cpu                 INFINITY
> s_fsize               INFINITY
> h_fsize               INFINITY
> s_data                INFINITY
> h_data                INFINITY
> s_stack               INFINITY
> h_stack               INFINITY
> s_core                INFINITY
> h_core                INFINITY
> s_rss                 INFINITY
> h_rss                 INFINITY
> s_vmem                INFINITY
> h_vmem                INFINITY
>
>
> 2nd queue, nice value not working:
>
>
> qname                 ikw_longrun
> hostlist              @allhosts_ikw_longrun-slots_2 \
>                        @allhosts_ikw_longrun-slots_4 \
>                        @allhosts_ikw_longrun-slots_8
> seq_no                0
> load_thresholds       np_load_avg=1.75
> suspend_thresholds    NONE
> nsuspend              1
> suspend_interval      00:05:00
> priority              10
> min_cpu_interval      00:05:00
> processors            UNDEFINED
> qtype                 BATCH
> ckpt_list             NONE
> pe_list               make
> rerun                 FALSE
> slots                 1,[@allhosts_ikw_longrun-slots_2=2], \
>                        [@allhosts_ikw_longrun-slots_4=4], \
>                        [@allhosts_ikw_longrun-slots_8=8]
> tmpdir                /work/tmp
> shell                 /bin/bash
> prolog                NONE
> epilog                NONE
> shell_start_mode      posix_compliant
> starter_method        NONE
> suspend_method        NONE
> resume_method         NONE
> terminate_method      NONE
> notify                00:00:60
> owner_list            NONE
> user_lists            GE-users
> xuser_lists           ikw nkg www-data
> subordinate_list      NONE
> complex_values        NONE
> projects              NONE
> xprojects             NONE
> calendar              NONE
> initial_state         enabled
> s_rt                  INFINITY
> h_rt                  INFINITY
> s_cpu                 INFINITY
> h_cpu                 INFINITY
> s_fsize               INFINITY
> h_fsize               INFINITY
> s_data                INFINITY
> h_data                INFINITY
> s_stack               INFINITY
> h_stack               INFINITY
> s_core                INFINITY
> h_core                INFINITY
> s_rss                 INFINITY
> h_rss                 INFINITY
> s_vmem                INFINITY
> h_vmem                INFINITY
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=212810
>
> To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].

------------------------------------------------------
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=212839

To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].



More information about the gridengine-users mailing list