[GE users] Different Hardware Specs

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 16:24:53 BST 2009

Take a look at the sched_conf(5) manpage, queue_sort_method:

      This parameter determines in which  order  several  criteria
      are  taken  into  account  to  product  a sorted queue list.
      Currently, two settings are valid: seqno and load.

So if you assign the queues on the new host a different seqno, and set
the sort method to seqno, then SGE will pick this host first, instead
of sorting for the load first.

BTW, if you have multiple machines with queues of the same seqno, SGE
will then pick the lightest loaded machine among the group.

Rayson