[GE users] java web console issue

cbyun cbyun at ll.mit.edu
Tue Aug 18 21:57:36 BST 2009

Hi,

I installed java web console (3.0.2) distributed with SGE 6.2U3 release.
When I tried to start the java web console, I got the following error:

#  /usr/sbin/smcwebserver start
Starting Sun Java(TM) Web Console Version 3.0.2 ...
Exception while starting container instance console: An exception was thrown while executing /var/opt/webconsole/domains/console/conf/wcstart nobody

If I look at file permission of the wcstart script, it doesn't have an execution permission:

# ls -l /var/opt/webconsole/domains/console/conf/wcstart
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2352 Aug 18 16:46 /var/opt/webconsole/domains/console/conf/wcstart

If I set the execution permission on the file, it started fine:

# chmod 755 /var/opt/webconsole/domains/console/conf/wcstart
# /usr/sbin/smcwebserver start
Starting Sun Java(TM) Web Console Version 3.0.2 ...
The console is running.

Is this a known bug?

Regards,
- Chansup