[GE users] mpich2/mpd TI - slave processes not properly accounted for

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Aug 19 00:40:29 BST 2009

Hi,

Am 19.08.2009 um 00:32 schrieb cwchan:

> Hello,
>
> We have a small cluster with 20 nodes and 256 x86_64 CPU cores, using
> SGE 6.1u2 as the DRMS with ssh tight integration instead of rsh.

did you recompile SGE with -tight-ssh? Otherwise it would exactly
explain your observations, as the supplied rsh will add an additional
group ID which is used to track the consumption. The same will be
done by the special compiled ssh. You don't have a private network
for your cluster and must use ssh?

-- Reuti