[GE users] Help: Diskless clusters and SGE deployment

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Wed Aug 19 05:25:37 BST 2009

The only real concern with diskless execution nodes from SGE's
perspective is that the binaries and execd spool directories have to go
somewhere, presumably on a shared files system.  If you can cook the
binaries into the OS images, so much the better.  If you're running
large parallel jobs, you really don't want the binaries shared over
NFS.  Having your execd spool over a shared file system isn't a fabulous
idea, but it's not a big deal, and it's more or less your only option on
a diskless node.

Daniel