[GE users] Help: Diskless clusters and SGE deployment

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 05:40:05 BST 2009

On 8/18/09, openlinuxsource <openlinuxsource at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use normal NFSROOT method to export the root filesystems to diskless
> nodes. I don't know if it's available by using this way.

If you are using NFSROOT, then just put your SGE_ROOT in an NFS shared
directory. It's the easiest way of installing SGE, and some of my
clusters are setup this way. As long as the boot process runs the SGE
startup scripts, SGE would work fine.

And I think local caching to RAM can reduce lots of NFS traffic, if it
really becomes an issue.

Rayson