[GE users] Help: Diskless clusters and SGE deployment

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Aug 19 14:25:13 BST 2009

I'll just chime in with my own $.02 ...

Diskless is fine - the hardest part will be simply building the
cluster in a well managed way, SGE will be pretty trivial. Steve's
unicluster suggestion is not a bad idea if you've never build diskless
systems before.

A current project I'm on consists of 1,024 Nehalem CPUs in 124
diskless HP blades. SGE is not even a concern as it normally runs
beautifully over a NFS mount.

You'll want a speedy and robust fileserver of course.

-Chris