[GE users] mpich2/mpd TI - slave processes not properly accounted for

cwchan c-chan at uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 19 22:33:50 BST 2009

Also Sprach reuti:

> Hmm - I never used ARCO on my own up to now. But shouldn't SGE's
> accounting file be cleared when these records were written to the
> database? Hence there shouldn't be any entries for qacct be available
> at all to work.
>
> -- Reuti

As Rayson noted, ARCO uses the reporting file, not the accounting file.
sgedbwriter does read and truncate the reporting file.  The problem
seems to be with the ARCO system.  Fortunately the accounting file
provides a workaround, since I can get the accounting info I need
for the distmem.q queue and PEs from qacct.

Is there a mailing list dedicted to ARCO users and/or developers?
Should I just give up on ARCO and write my own scripts to query
qacct, since ARCO doesn't seem very popular among experienced
SGE administrators?

--
C. Chan <c-chan at uchicago.edu>
GPG Public Key registered at pgp.mit.edu