[GE users] mpich2/mpd TI - slave processes not properly accounted for

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 22:48:16 BST 2009

On 8/19/09, cwchan <c-chan at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> Is there a mailing list dedicted to ARCO users and/or developers?

I believe most ARCo developers are also SGE developers, and in fact
the mailing list and the bug database are shared as well:

http://arco.sunsource.net/

> Should I just give up on ARCO and write my own scripts to query
> qacct, since ARCO doesn't seem very popular among experienced
> SGE administrators?

A lot of people don't use ARCo not because it is buggy, but mostly
because it is yet another thing to setup, and advanced accounting is
not needed in most cases...

And before you file a bug, can you first compare the contents of the
reporting and the accounting files and see if there are discrepancies
for your parallel jobs?? And if "sgedbwriter" clears the file of the
reporting file before you can examine the file, may be you can
temporary disable sgedbwriter.

Rayson