[GE users] host overload

igardais igardais at yahoo.fr
Fri Aug 21 13:21:39 BST 2009

Hi folks,

This a quite easy question but I've never dare to ask it. Yet.

Say I have one host my_host, with 2 cpus.
short.q is a queue referring this host.
long.q is another queue which refer it too.

At this point, the two queue instances short.q at my_host and long.q at my_host can virtually overload my_host (showing 2 cpus to each queue).
How could I avoid overloading in this configuration ?
By now, I assigned a hostgroup to each queue, doing my best to keep groups well-organized so they do not overlap but I can't take advantage of the short/long strategy.

Thanks for your help,
Ionel