[GE dev] sgeinpect: connect to a cluster

joeschuler J.Schuler at science-computing.de
Fri Aug 21 15:16:55 BST 2009

Hi,

i tried to install SGEInspect with help of
http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u3/Inspect+Guide+(Printable)

Everything looks ok, but I couldn't connect to the cluster.
I get the error:
"Master down or no JMX enabled um die Ohren"

By checking the prerequisites everything looks fine:
> ./inst_sge -add-jmx
JMX is already enabled. Exiting.

Besides:
with help of the troubleshooting
http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u3/Installing+Guide+(Printable)#InstallingGuide(Printable)-!install.png!TestingandTroubleshooting

i noticed that the jar-files were on the wrong place.
I had to copy

> cp $SGE_ROOT/sgeinspect/sgeinspect/modules/ext/juti.jar /usr/local/gridengine/6.2u3/lib/
> cp $SHE_ROOT/sgeinspect/sgeinspect/modules/ext/jgdi.jar
/usr/local/gridengine/6.2u3/lib/

afterwards i was able to create a keystore:
 > $SGE_ROOT/util/sgeCA/sge_ca -userks -kspwf /tmp/mysecret.txt

I'm wondering that i can't see anyj gdi* log files in the master spool directory and no messages in the qmaster messages-file

Any hints?

Thanks,
Joe