[GE users] auto rerun lower priority jobs when higher are waiting?

jesperkrogh jesper at krogh.cc
Sun Aug 23 13:15:37 BST 2009

Hi.

Can I instruct gridengine to automatically rerun lower-priority jobs if
higher are waiting in the queue. (if they are marked rerunnable)?

The majority of our computations are doing checkpointing and are in fact
rerunnable, but sometime a user really just wants to get a bunch of jobs
on so they send it with a higher priority. But they still have to wait
for the lower priority jobs to leave the nodes.

It would be nice if gridengine just notiched that the running jobs ideed
are rerunnable, so it just pulls them off and launches the higher
priority stuff.

Jesper
--
Jesper