[GE users] sgeinspect: connect to a cluster

joeschuler J.Schuler at science-computing.de
Sun Aug 23 19:28:43 BST 2009

i tried to install SGEInspect with help of
http://wikis.sun.com?/display/gridengine6?2u3/Inspect+Guide+(P?rintable)

Everything looks ok, but I couldn't connect to the cluster.
I get the error:
"Master down or no JMX enabled um die Ohren"

By checking the prerequisites everything looks fine:
> ./inst_sge -add-jmx
JMX is already enabled. Exiting.

Besides:
with help of the troubleshooting
http://wikis.sun.com ?/display/gridengine6?2u3/Installing+Guide?+(Printable)#Install? ingGuide(Printable)-?!install.png!Testing?andTroubleshooting

i noticed that the jar-files were on the wrong place.
I had to copy

> cp $SGE_ROOT/sgeinspec?t/sgeinspect/modules?/ext/juti.jar /usr/local/gridengin?e/6.2u3/lib/
> cp $SHE_ROOT/sgeinspec?t/sgeinspect/modules?/ext/jgdi.jar
/usr/local/gridengin?e/6.2u3/lib/

afterwards i was able to create a keystore:
 > $SGE_ROOT/util/sgeCA/sge_ca -userks -kspwf /tmp/mysecret.txt

I'm wondering that i can't see anyj gdi* log files in the master spool directory and no messages in the qmaster messages-file

Any hints?

Thanks,
Joe