[GE users] host overload

igardais igardais at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 24 08:20:07 BST 2009

Hi again,

I spoke to fast.
Default behavior can be set using a resource quota :
limit hosts {*} to slots=$num_proc

I guess this will work on all hosts, on any queue, whether the nodes have 2, 4 or 8 cpus.

Ionel

________________________________
De : reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>
? : users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Envoyé le : Dimanche, 23 Août 2009, 23h47mn 10s
Objet : Re: [GE users] host overload

Am 21.08.2009 um 14:21 schrieb igardais:

> Hi folks,
>
> This a quite easy question but I've never dare to ask it. Yet.
>
> Say I have one host my_host, with 2 cpus.
> short.q is a queue referring this host.
> long.q is another queue which refer it too.
>
> At this point, the two queue instances short.q at my_host and
> long.q at my_host can virtually overload my_host (showing 2 cpus to
> each queue).
> How could I avoid overloading in this configuration ?

Hi,

you will have to set either "slots=2" in the complex_values setting
for each host (qconf -me <exechost>) or an RQS to limit the slots in
total per host, as this is generic it will work for all hosts with
one setting: limit hosts {*} to slots=2

-- Reuti