[GE users] confirm seqno usage

igardais igardais at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 24 09:01:43 BST 2009

I recently changed the scheduler queue_sort_method to seqno.
However, when I'm submitting a job to a queue, the configured seq_no parameter does not seem to be used.

Here is my current configuration :
==sched conf (extract)==
algorithm                         default
schedule_interval                 0:0:10
maxujobs                          0
queue_sort_method                 seqno
job_load_adjustments              np_load_avg=0.50
load_adjustment_decay_time        0:7:30
load_formula                      np_load_avg
schedd_job_info                   true

==queue conf (extract)==
qname                 all.q
hostlist              @workstations
seq_no                100,[@br1st=200]

Hostgroup "@br1st" is a subset of hosts which also exist in the hostgroup "@workstations".

The job :
$ qsub -b y -q all.q /bin/sleep 10
can land on any node of "@workstations" even if hostgroup "@br1st" has a higher seq_no.
What I expect is that jobs get scheduled first on "@br1st" then on "@workstations" if any "@br1st" are available.

Is there a way to diagnose what is going on ?
Or do you have a wise advice ?

Thanks,
Ionel