[GE users] Checkpointing and using local hard disk of execution host

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Tue Aug 25 15:16:39 BST 2009

Grid Engine doesn't provide you with any magic to move your files
around. If the files are on the execution node's local disk, then you
either have to access them via that execution host or transfer them
somewhere else manually. Grid Engine does provide you with hooks,
however, that you can use to automate some of your file transfers. For
example, you could write an epilog that moves the input.raw file from
the local disk into some kind of share repository. Similarly, you could
set up the checkpoint object with a restart_command that you've written
to transfers the checkpointed state data from the job's previous
execution host to the current one.

Daniel