[GE users] could someone explain some things relative to the rsh_ parameters in qconf -mconf ?

joelandman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Tue Aug 25 16:56:35 BST 2009

Hi folks:

   I've determined that the non-advancing run non-advances among several
schedulers (in fact stopping at the same point), which suggests a common
problem (the cli version works just fine).

   So I want to dig into the details of the rsh_daemon and the
rsh_command for 6.2u3.  I am assuming that the builtin option in the rsh
daemon means use something entirely internal to SGE.

   Here are the questions:

1) can I use plain old ssh and sshd?

2) If I can use plain old ssh and sshd, how do I configure rsh_daemon
and rsh_program for this?

3) what is the impact (potential negative) of using the external
daemons?  Will this impact the openmpi environment (built in tight
integration via OpenMPI 1.3.2).

Thanks in advance.

Joe

--