[GE users] could someone explain some things relative to the rsh_ parameters in qconf -mconf ?

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Tue Aug 25 18:03:57 BST 2009

You can configure 6.2 just like you could older versions, e.g. set
rsh_command to /usr/bin/ssh and rsh_daemon to /usr/bin/sshd -i.  Man
sge_conf(5).  The limitations are that if you use rsh, you run into a
port limit on the master task node.  If you use ssh, you either have to
use a version of ssh that's patched for Grid Engine, or your tight
integrations become loose.

Daniel