[GE users] Scheduler policies

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Aug 25 21:21:16 BST 2009

Am 25.08.2009 um 19:51 schrieb jfprieur:

> Thank you for your quick answer, yes I realise my question is huge,
> your answer is exactly what I was looking for.
>
> I am happy to see that my initial gut instinct was right, I had
> created a 'serial' pe for this purpose so will go ahead and set it
> up that way.

I would find it confusing to call a PE "serial". Jobs using more than
one thread are parallel jobs. To avoid setting the %nslots= by hand,
youn could use something like this awk script, as the value has to be
set after each --Link1-- command anyway:

#!/bin/sh
#$ -m ea
#$ -A g03_parallel
#$ -R y
#$ -pe smp 2
export g03root=/opt/chemsoft/$ARC/Gaussian_03_D.01_binary
. $g03root/g03/bsd/g03.profile
cd $TMPDIR
awk -v mynproc="%nprocs=$NSLOTS" -f ~soft/scripts/
subg03_nproc_rwf.awk < /home/reuti/test363.com > test363.in.parallel
g03 < test363.in.parallel > /home/reuti/test363.log

with the awk script (a copy of the original input file will be
created and changed, leaving the original file untouched):

=== TOP OF DATA ===
BEGIN { IGNORECASE=1

         if (mynproc)
             { print mynproc }