[GE users] qstat -j truncates messages

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 00:17:32 BST 2009

Jeff,

I think I know where it is...

1) in daemons/shepherd/builtin_starter.c build_path(), you will find
the statements:
  sprintf(err_str, "can't stat() \"%s\" as %s: %s", base, name,
strerror(errno));
  shepherd_error(1, err_str);

2) in daemons/common/err_trace.c shepherd_trace(),  there is a  char
buffer[128]; declaration. So I think from there on the rest of the
message is chopped off.

May be that's all you need to change, but don't just change the hard
coded constant of 128, recompile, and try it with your production
cluster. :D

File an RFE if you are not familar with C programming... but I
currently don't have enough spare time to work on this as I hope to
spend the rest of this summer on taking more photos (for
wikipedia/wikimedia) :P

Rayson