[GE users] Help with starter_method

jcold jc at axyzfx.com
Wed Aug 26 20:07:12 BST 2009

Hello all...I'm trying to work around the problem with umasks being hardwired
in SGE to 022, and in digging through messages it seems one option is to use
starter_method to explicitly set umask.  My problem is that I haven't come
across significant documentation to describe what I need to have in my
starter_method file.  With:

#!/bin/sh
umask 002
exec "$@"

	I get:

/SGE/bin/lx24-amd64/starter_mask.sh: line 4: exec: /home/jc/ hbatch -j $NSLOTS
file1 <param>: cannot execute: No such file or directory

which I've made generic above but basically tells me my shell environment
hasn't been setup properly.  Normally I'm exporting everything from the
location I submitted the job and everything works fine.  It appears I need to
somehow compensate for some default behaviour that isn't happening.  If
anyone could point me at more detailed documentation than man queue_conf or
perhaps a suggestion, I'd appreciate it.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada