[GE users] epilog script implementation reg

thamizhannal Thamizhannal.Paramasiuam at Honeywell.com
Fri Aug 28 14:09:39 BST 2009

Hi All,

I am investigating the epilog script capabilities on SGE. I am facing trouble to implement the epilog script.
Here are the steps which I made to implement the epilog script

1. Modified the queue to point to epilog.sh script

[root at sgemgr ~]# qconf -sq all.q|grep epilog
epilog                /gridware/sge/epilog.sh
[root at sgemgr ~]#

2. Epilog script:

[root at sgemgr ~]# cat /gridware/sge/epilog.sh
#! /bin/bash
echo "date:`date`" >> /gridware/sge/epilog
echo "grid name=$SGE_CELL" >> /gridware/sge/epilog
[root at sgemgr ~]#

3. submit a job
[root at sgemgr ~]# qsub sleeper.sh
Your job 32 ("Sleeper") has been submitted
[root at sgemgr ~]# qstat

It seems, though the job has completed, the epilog script was not been called.

Please let me know what am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Thamizhannal P