[GE users] h_rt for interactive jobs

murple andreas.kuntzagk at mdc-berlin.de
Tue Dec 1 17:30:58 GMT 2009

Hi,

I see a lot of messages like this in
/opt/sge/default/spool/bignode04/messages

  main|bignode04|W|job 316500.1 exceeded hard wallclock time - initiate
terminate method

This starts at the moment the job exceeded the wallclock time.

While writing this message the job suddenly disappeared. And
default/spool/qmaster/messages contains

18:22:55|worker|login2|W|job 316500.1 failed on host bignode04 assumedly
after job because: job 316500.1 died through signal KILL (9)

Regarding "custom terminate method": I don't know where to check for
this but I guess the answer is no. But one thing I maybe should have told:
this is using ssh as rsh_command.

regards, Andreas