[GE users] GE favours some users over others ?

pvdmeer pvdmeer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 12:01:54 GMT 2009

Dear Grid Engine users and experts,

Recently a user of our cluster commented on the fact that her jobs get dispatched earlier than others. However, she enters her jobs in the same queue as everyone. To my knowledge, nobody here is using priorities with qsub either. Could it just be if some users run so many jobs, GE decides to "throttle" them a bit?

Maybe this is related? The second column in the qstat output. How is this priority computed? I know there is the sge_priority manpage. But, for me, this seems more like a collection of definitions than a manual. I basically never touched policies, so I'd like to know what default policy is in effect?

Hope somebody is knowledgable on this. Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,

Pieter van der Meer