[GE users] GE favours some users over others ?

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Dec 2 12:44:44 GMT 2009

Hi Pieter,

There is no default policy in effect for Grid Engine installations.

If you really did not touch anything related to scheduling, resource
allocation, quotas or priority then the behavior you would see would
basically be FIFO (first-in-first-out) with minor deviations if a
requested resource was not available.

There could be valid reasons for the behavior you report, especially if
the job mixture consists of parallel and non-parallel jobs or people are
making different resource requests but I suspect that you might actually
have some sort of policy in effect.

Posting the output of "qconf -ssconf" and "qconf -sconf" would show if
this is the case.

-Chris