[GE users] List of completed jobs in queue

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Dec 2 21:23:31 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 02.12.2009 um 18:56 schrieb greener_98103:

> Hi SGE users, I have been using sge for a little while now and I would
> like to run a program on files after they are finished processing and
> have come off the queue. I have looked at versions of qstat, I looked
> at qstat -s z and qstat -s z -r where I'm able to get the complete
> file names of jobs as they are finished, but this doesn't give me a
> nonredundant list of files as they are finished on the queue

what do you mean by "files" here - the command line arguments for
your job? SGE doesn't know per se, which files your job was working
on. If you want to submit a second job for these files, you can use
the option "-hold_jid <job_id>". Or you can can have a look at the
stdout/-err files when your jobscript records the processed files
therein.

Another option maybe to use an epilog to write something to a file
and/or a mail-wrapper.

-- Reuti