[GE users] dbwriter errors

weicfa awei1231 at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Dec 3 02:09:40 GMT 2009

Thanks for your remind.
I changed the value of JVMARGS  to 256M in dbwriter startup script in order to get the result faster. The dbwriter  crash in 2 hour later. The memory usage of java process reached 375M when dbwriter crash. It proved that the memory usage of java process may not have directly relationship to the value of JVMARGS.  

And I download the java patches from SUN. 
I installed these patches at 11/27. And it work find till now.  

> weicfa wrote:
> > # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (1.5.0_07-b03 mixed mode)
> I guess it can't hurt to try upgrading to the latest patch level.
> If you take a look at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/ReleaseNotes.html
> you will see there have been literally hundreds of bug fixes since _07.
> Of course there are no guarantees that this will solve your problem, but
> might as well run a version with those bugs fixed.
> In my experience Java patch releases only rarely introduce regressions
> so running the latest patch level is usually a good idea.
> Hope this helps.
> Julian


To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].

More information about the gridengine-users mailing list