[GE users] Max job per user in a given queue

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Dec 3 18:31:26 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 03.12.2009 um 15:41 schrieb rabdomant:

> What I've tried to do, is to set a consumable quantity called
> concurrent_jobs.
> something like:
> {
>    name     max_per_user_in_silver_parallel
>    description  "max number job per user in a given queue"
>    enabled      TRUE
>    limit        users {*} queues silver_parallel to concurjob_sp=1
> }
>
> and define the value of concurjob=1 for the queue.
> But this is not working for many reasons.

defining a complex is indeed necessary, I usually suggest to use:

$ qconf -sc
jobs                jb         INT         <=    YES
JOB        1        1000

(note the entry JOB for "consumable" - only available in newer
versions of SGE) Then you have to supply this to the complete cluster:

$ qconf -se global
complex_values        jobs=999999

(Maybe this should be done by a default installation already for the
convenience of the user). Now you can define:

{
    name         joblimit
    description  NONE
    enabled      TRUE
    limit        users {*} to jobs=3
}

-- Reuti

PS: Note, for "users {*}" you can also just use the entry "maxujobs"
in `qconf -msconf` when the same limit should apply to all users.