[GE users] Installing 6.2u4 with BDB spooling on NFSv4

jlb jlb at salilab.org
Thu Dec 3 19:37:50 GMT 2009

I'm doing a test installation of 6.2u4 with BDB spooling to an NFSv4
mounted directory.  This is an update of a 6.1 install (which uses classic
spooling) using the cloned cluster method.  When it comes time to specify
the directory for the spool and I point the install script at the NFSv4
mounted directory, it complains that this isn't a local directory and
won't let me proceed.

I vaguely recall someone else complaining about this in the past, but I
can't find anything about it in the Issue Tracker or the archives.  Is
this a known problem, or should I submit an Issue on it?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin