[GE users] Installing 6.2u4 with BDB spooling on NFSv4

dom marco.donauer at sun.com
Fri Dec 4 06:49:12 GMT 2009

jlb,

are you running it on Linux?
If yes, until our last test, linux had massive problems with nfsv4
mounted files systems.
It was not stable and the mount are gone from one second to another or
we permission denied errors.
For sge we had a bug in our filesystem type detection. For this we are
using a binary called fstype which can be found
in the utilbin/arch directory. If you know that your nfsv4 is working,
then you can deactivate this filesystem type check within the
installation script.
I'm very interested in your experience with nfsv4.

Marco