[GE users] Java DRMAA Error : can't send response for this message id - protocol error ?

crei crei at sun.com
Mon Dec 7 09:29:31 GMT 2009

Hi,

this looks indeed like some wrap-around problem in the commlib. The max.
message id is defined as 65535. I will try to reproduce this ...

Regards,

Christian

templedf schrieb:
> I didn't think there was, but that exception sounds like there might
> be.  If one of the developers doesn't chime in, I'll look into it myself.
>
> Daniel
>
> umanga wrote:
>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply.
>> Is there  limit of jobs that I can submit using a single Session? I am
>> using the same session for entire execution of my application,which
>> submit more than 30,000 jobs to the SGE.
>>

>> regrads,
>>
>> templedf wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmm...  Never seen that one before.  The message id is 65535, which is
>>> max int, makes me a little suspicious.  I think you may have overflowed
>>> the comm lib. :)  Reisi, care to take a peek?
>>>
>>> Daniel

Sun Microsystems GmbH             Christian Reissmann
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7             Software Engineer
D-93049 Regensburg                Phone: +49 (0)941 3075 112
Germany                           Fax:   +49 (0)941 3075 222
http://www.sun.de                 mailto: Christian.Reissmann at sun.com
                                  http://www.sun.com/gridengine
Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028