[GE users] hack SGE's runtime limit

crtierney42 craig.tierney at noaa.gov
Mon Dec 7 17:27:22 GMT 2009

ywan wrote:
> One user happened to hacked the runtime limit (48:00:00) on my cluster.
> His's jobs have been running for over 9 days without being killed by SGE.
>
> I need to find out how it happened.

Kill their job, disable their account, and the ask them
what they did.  Ask them politely not to do it again.

> Anyone know how SGE track the runtime of each job?

You can see the start times from qstat -f $JOB_ID.  If
you are looking for historical jobs, just look at the accounting
file and pull out the appropriate fields to look at how
long each job ran.

Craig