[GE dev] JGDI Stops getting events with unknown reason

ppetosy ppetrosy at loni.ucla.edu
Mon Dec 7 17:56:42 GMT 2009

Hi

Recently we have upgraded to sge 6.2u4 and I noticed that our JGDI client event listeners stop working at random time. I am not sure if this problem is related to upgrade but the fact is that I haven't noticed something like this in the past with other versions. ( Our code changed too, so it can be possible that there is a new bug in our side too ).

When I check the error stream after event listeners are dead, I see following error
"error: commlib error: got select error (Connection reset by peer)".

Logs are telling me that last events I got from JGDI have been received before this error and after it I don't have any event report in the log. This makes me to assume that this error is related to my problem.

I would like to know what is the cause of this error? Why this happens at random time ? Is it related to new version of SGE ?

If you need more detailed logs of SGE I can provide them too.

Thank you !
Petros.