[GE users] debugging tight integration

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Dec 8 12:11:10 GMT 2009

templedf <dan.templeton at sun.com> writes:

> What Aja was trying to say is that you can do something like:
>
> % qrsh -pe make 4
> $ export JOB_ID=123
> $ export SGE_TASK_ID=1
> $ cat $PE_HOSTFILE
> host1 1 all.q 1
> host2 1 all.q 1
> host3 2 all.q 1
> $ qrsh -inherit host1 hostname
> host1

Sorry to be dense, but I don't see how that would help (if we had an
interactive queue).  I did use `dl 1' in the real job script, but it
didn't print anything to suggest why the qrsh'ed processes get detached
from the shepherd.

--
(Dr) Dave Love
?E-Science?, Computing Services Department, University of Liverpool
AKA fx at gnu.org