[GE dev] JGDI Stops getting events with unknown reason

andre Andre.Alefeld at sun.com
Wed Dec 9 08:11:22 GMT 2009

Hi Petros,

if you connect the EventMonitor example client, does it happen as well ?
Is your master restarted ? Please send me the logs if possible and test
with EventMonitor (see
http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u3/Testing+and+Troubleshooting)
and can you try if this behavior occurs there as well.

Andre

ppetosy wrote:
> Hi
>
> Recently we have upgraded to sge 6.2u4 and I noticed that our JGDI client event listeners stop working at random time. I am not sure if this problem is related to upgrade but the fact is that I haven't noticed something like this in the past with other versions. ( Our code changed too, so it can be possible that there is a new bug in our side too ).
>
> When I check the error stream after event listeners are dead, I see following error
> "error: commlib error: got select error (Connection reset by peer)".
>
> Logs are telling me that last events I got from JGDI have been received before this error and after it I don't have any event report in the log. This makes me to assume that this error is related to my problem.
>
> I would like to know what is the cause of this error? Why this happens at random time ? Is it related to new version of SGE ?
>

> If you need more detailed logs of SGE I can provide them too.
>
> Thank you !
> Petros.

Andre Alefeld                Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-255
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: andre.alefeld at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/gridware