[GE users] Killed by Limit and Transfer to another Queue

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Dec 10 10:02:53 GMT 2009

Am 10.12.2009 um 09:35 schrieb kain2log:

> We have setup two QUEUEs, one have a wallclock time limit and the
> other has none.
>
> QUEUE1 = with limit
> QUEUE2 = no limit
>
> I would like to ask how to configure QUEUE1 to automatically
> transfer the job/task to QUEUE2 after it has reached the limit and
> killed.

There is no such facility in SGE. What can be done is to setup
checkpointing (when the applications support this on their own
already), and use qalter to change the requested queue for the
continuation. So, checkpointing's "migration" would not migrate to
another machine but to another queue (possibly on the same machine).