[GE users] predict times

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Dec 10 10:56:50 GMT 2009

Am 10.12.2009 um 10:57 schrieb cgull:

> Is it possible to predict end time of jobs?

No. The crystal ball feature is not yet implemented in SGE.

> Either with a value given at runtime or some method of calculating
> this (as different resources may go at different speeds)?

When you know the runtime of a job from experience, then you can also
make an assumption how long it will take on a machine which is twice
as fast as the one it ran on. I say assumption, as there are many
factors like disk access by faster/slower controller, memory access,
internal operation of the CPU, swapping caused by other jobs on the
machine or because it needs more memory, which will lead to some
variations. For this you could write a script and use it outside of SGE.

-- Reuti