[GE users] Killed by Limit and Transfer to another Queue

kain2log gilbert at rldp.com.ph
Thu Dec 10 23:48:03 GMT 2009

> There is no such facility in SGE. What can be done is to setup
> checkpointing (when the applications support this on their own
> already), and use qalter to change the requested queue for the
> continuation. So, checkpointing's "migration" would not migrate to
> another machine but to another queue (possibly on the same machine).
>

> -- Reuti

Reuti

Thank you.

If I would like to resume or continue the job, then it would be definitely have to be on the same machine.
(I plan to do this in the future)

The wallclock limit will be so short (about 5mins) that it would be OK to restart the job. Would checkpoint's migration be applicable, or are there other work around?

Best Regards.
Gilbert