[GE users] mpich2 smpd

udo udo at physics.rutgers.edu
Fri Dec 11 06:06:55 GMT 2009

Hi, guys,

A short question.
There is a problem with tight MPICH2 Integration in Grid Engine (smpd
implementation). Namely when two or more jobs start they all rewrite .smpd
file and sometimes phrase=secret_word disappears and jobs die.
Browsing inet I found this  option
export SMPD_OPTION_NO_DYNAMIC_HOSTS=1
which doesn't work as it doesn't exists neither in mpich2 nor in SGE
installation directories.
Any suggestions, advices etc. how to avoid this problem?
Thank you very much in advance.
Best,
Victor
p.s. i found one more solution which I need to try but I do not know how
good or bad  it is i.e. to change starting mpich2 script in
<SGE_ROOT>/mpich_smpd directory and along with -port add one more smpd
option -phrase <passphrase> .