[GE users] SGE on Amazon EC2

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Sun Dec 13 16:36:36 GMT 2009

SGE on Amazon EC2 is pretty trivial, people have been doing it for a
long time. I've demoed self-organizing SGE clusters in EC2 a few times
but my AMIs are now pretty old. If you google around on the topic you'll
find some talk and presentation materials that I and others have put online.

The short answer is that there are no showstopping technical issues on
AWS/EC2 that are specific to SGE, you just have to script and engineer
around the odd internal networking and deal with the fact that nodes can
be transient -- same as you would for any other thing in AWS.

-Chris