[GE users] IO and IOW

bergman mark.bergman at uphs.upenn.edu
Mon Dec 14 22:31:25 GMT 2009

In the message dated: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:03:32 PST,
The pithy ruminations from jlb on
<Re: [GE users] IO and IOW> were:
=> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 at 3:58pm, mhanby wrote
=>
=> > Anyone know how to enable accounting of IO and IOW on RedHat EL5 (CentOS
=> > 5) x86_64 systems? Assuming the qmaster and execution hosts are all the
=> > same hardware and running the same OS and Grid Engine 6.2u4.
=>
=> Are your systems fully up to date?  IIRC, the I/O accounting was only
=> added/activated as of the 5.4 kernels.

That's correct. All my CentOS 5.4 machines provide I/O accounting data.

I'm still unclear as to what the units are used in the accounting file. The
manual page says that the io field contains:

	The amount of data transferred in input/output operations.

Is that is filesystem blocks, bytes, KB, etc?

Thanks,

Mark

=>
=> --
=> Joshua Baker-LePain
=> QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin
=> UCSF
=>

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.