[GE users] Why local sgeadmin user not allowed for windows?

pollinger harald.pollinger at sun.com
Wed Dec 16 12:50:07 GMT 2009

On 12/09/09 00:22, opoplawski wrote:
> ./util/install_modules/inst_execd.sh:IsLocalDir() checks to make sure
> that the owner of the spool directory is a domain user:
>
> # - Check for correct ownership of existing spool directories. This is a
> #   vital check for Interix platforms because users do mix up local and
> #   fully qualified SGE admin user (i.e. sge_admin vs. MYDOMAIN+sge_admin).
> #   This mismatch will lead to permission conflicts during execd startup
> #   and failure of the daemon.
> #
>
> Could someone tell me why this is true?  It seems a local user would be
> perfectly valid.

No, the function makes sure the owner is the local user. The comment you
quoted above doesn't tell if it checks for local or domain user, it just
tells that it checks. The code checks for the variable $ADMINUSER, which
on Windows is always filled with $WIN_HOST_NAME+$win_admin_user.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com