[GE users] PE job in interactive only queue?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Dec 17 14:11:15 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 17.12.2009 um 13:20 schrieb murple:

> I submitted a PE job with qsub requesting upto 16 slots. I now noticed
> that this job took one slot from the interactive queue. This queue
> allows usage of the PE - but I planned this for _interactive_ parallel
> jobs. Do PE jobs not account distinct between INTERACTIVE / BATCH?

correct. Or more precise: a PE has the feature BATCH implied in the
queue setting. You can only add INTERACTIVE, but you can't remove the
BATCH attribute from the PE (even if you set "qtype NONE").

BTW: Although it's phrased "INTERACTIVE", it's more like an
"immediate" job. Jobs submitted with: "qsub -now y ..." will also run
in an INTERACTIVE queue, while "qrsh -now n ..." will go to "BATCH".

-- Reuti