[GE users] Which criteria that fairshare use to calculate priority?

mlelstv mlelstv at serpens.de
Thu Dec 17 15:13:27 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 08:55:38AM -0600, kdoman wrote:
> I think fairshare calculates job priority using wallclock (???). Can
> we adjust fairshare to use cpu_time instead? We have users submitting
> lots of parallel jobs and the wallclock calculation does not reflect
> the amount of work done by this person correctly.

Standard is to use CPU time, not wall clock time. However, for
parallel jobs, measuring CPU time might be difficult. Often you
only see the usage on the master node of a job, ignoring the
CPU time spent on the slave nodes. 'tight integration' is usually
required to get valid measurements from all nodes.

--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv at serpens.de