[GE users] exclusive host use and subordinate queue

ajw ajw at illinois.edu
Thu Dec 17 15:27:59 GMT 2009

I have 2 queues set in grid engine.  A normal priority queue and a low priority queue which is subordinate to the normal priority queue.

In normal (non-exclusive) use I have it configured so when a job is submitted to the normal priority queue any jobs running in the low priority queue will get killed and resubmitted.

The problem comes when a normal priority job is submitted with excl=true and a low priority job is already running.  The normal priority job won't start in this situation.  I get this message:
(-l exclusive=true) cannot run at host "xxx" because exclusive resource (exclusive) is already in use

Is there any way to change this behavior?

Andy