[GE dev] How to compile on windows?

pollinger harald.pollinger at sun.com
Thu Dec 17 18:41:43 GMT 2009

I thought there were one on gridengine.sunsource.net, but I don't find them.

In short:

The official build host has installed:
Windows XP Professional (latest Service Pack)
Microsoft Services for Unix 3.5
gcc 3.3
gmake 3.80 (newest version should also do)
Microsoft VisualStudio 7

If you don't have the Microsoft VisualStudio 7, you still can build all
Interix binaries, but not the Win32 binaries. You will have to comment
out the WIN32_APPLICATIONS section in the aimk script. Perhaps there
should be added a "-no-win32" option.

You can get gcc and gmake from
http://www.suacommunity.com/tool_warehouse.aspx

Get the sources to a shared directory and follow the normal build
instructions on a UNIX host. When everything compiles successfully on
the UNIX host, go to the Windows host and run in the same shared directory:

# aimk -no-java -debug -no-opt

If you like, write down the exact steps to set up the host and build the
Windows binaries from scratch. I'll add it to the HowTo section then.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com