[GE users] limit users * to slots=10

marvnoo9 marv at jhu.edu
Thu Dec 17 21:06:51 GMT 2009

Pardon this simple question (I'm new to Resource Quotas) ...
In http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u2/Managing+Resource+Quotas , I see the following:
"For example, the following limit rule limits all users together to 10 slots: limit users * to slots=10."

Does that really mean an aggregate limit of 10 slots?  The question of whether or not that means an aggregate limit is what's confusing me.

How do I get the same functionality as what I now have for maxujobs:

qconf -ssconf | grep maxu
maxujobs                          16

... but allow an exception for a single user or all individual users in a special queue to each be allowed more than the 16.

Thanks!
   - Marv