[GE users] limit users * to slots=10

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Fri Dec 18 11:57:17 GMT 2009

Hi Marv,

Resource Quotas are very very powerful and are worth digging into the
documentation for ...

A few things ...

This old wiki page has some additional examples:
http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/RQS_Common_Uses

For your specific questions:

There is a special grouping character "{}" that can be used to define if
your quota limit applies in aggregate or to each individual member of
the scoped set.

Example (hope I don't get this backwards in my coffeeless state ... )

This would limit each individual user to no more than 10 slots:

   limit users {*} to slots=10

This would put a global limit for all users who can consume no more than
10 slots:

   limit users * to slots=10

The above would be equiv to your maxujobs

And for the multiple queue question it's also pretty simple. You can
name queues in your quota limit line so you can have different limits on
different queues. You can have multiple rules in effect - just
understand that the "first match" wins if there is any overlap.