[GE users] SGE 6.2u3 - qstat and qacct - how to get status of finished jobs quickly

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Dec 21 12:48:32 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 20.12.2009 um 02:58 schrieb elauzier:

> Hi,  ( SGE 6.2u3 )
>
> There are users on our system who want to know the status of their
> many short jobs after they have finished.  With qacct, this is not
> a fast process.

correct, it depends on the size of the accounting-file, and with
logrotation it might be gone already.

>   With qstat, there does not seem to be a good way to get the
> information on exit status and other things after the jobs have
> finished.

Yes, it's only a short history (adjustable in "finished_jobs" in
SGE's configuration).

> Is there a way to get the information for many short jobs easily
> and quickly from stock SGE?  Are there a configuration settings to
> keep this information available for say 10-30 minutes as is
> available with LSF?

- Your users (or you) can setup SGE to receive an eMail for every
finsihed or aborted job.

- You can use ARCo, AFAIK this information is also available there.
But it will need additonal installations.

-- Reuti